Blue Sea Villas offer a full property management package, which includes the renting of your property for those wishing to generate an additional income. We also offer a property management only service for owners who do not wish to rent their villa, but would like peace of mind knowing that their holiday home is secure and that it can be prepared for friends and family stays.
The reason why Blue Sea Villas was created is because, as a villa owner, we wanted to have a “one stop shop” contact in Spain for all of our villa needs, encompassing general maintenance and the renting of our property. We wanted somebody who we could trust and be confident that our wishes were being acted upon. We were unable to find this level of service and therefore decided to create a business that would do just that.
Owning a property in Spain can provide a healthy second income from holiday rentals, whilst also growing as a future investment. With more and more British buyers investing in this up and coming area of Spain, the rentals market is now very competitive, making it harder to secure that additional income. Through our dedication and large investment in marketing both in Spain and in the UK, Blue Sea Villas is in prime position to maximise your property’s rental potential.
All tenants will be vetted to ensure that they meet both our standards and the owners standards and a security deposit will be taken before each let. A member of the Blue Sea Villas management team will always be on hand for the tenants, ensuring that they have a stress-free and memorable holiday.
For this service we only charge a 15% commission fee on all rentals that we place through your property. It is our intention to make sure that each booking goes as smoothly as possible, thus resulting in guests wishing to re-book for the following year & recommending your property & our services to others.
Unlike many other rental companies, Blue Sea Villas allow the owners to have control over their property for their own personal use and for their own self-generated bookings, with no fees being charged. All we ask is that we are given a minimum of 8 weeks notice to ensure that there are no double bookings.
It is our policy to maintain regular contact with the owners, keeping them updated with all booking information, any potential issues and guest feedback. This individual service is so often lacking with the larger companies.
The most common thing that buyers do after purchasing their dream home in Spain is to leave it unattended and return to their busy lives at home. Through our own personal experience, we know that once you return home you will be asking yourself the following questions:
- Who can I trust to oversee my property in my absence?
- Who can provide an honest & reliable rental service?
- Who is going to clean the property after each let?
- What about the dirty laundry that will need changing?
- What happens if a pipe bursts?
- How will I know if someone breaks into my home?
- Who should I leave my keys with?
- What if squatters move in because my property is left unsecured?
- How do I claim from my insurance policy as it does not cover my property if left unattended for more than 30 days?
- What happens if the water or electricity is disconnected?
- Who will advise me of any maintenance problems?
- Who will inform me if any action needs to be taken?
Blue Sea Villas can provide the solution to these questions.
For those owners who wish to rent out their property, we offer a full package specialising in holiday home maintenance, covering services such as:
Larger maintenance issues do sometimes arise such as tiling, window replacements, burst pipes etc… As with all the services we offer, a straightforward price per job is quoted.
All of our work is carried out by fully insured and qualified experts. We would not use anyone in your home that we wouldn’t use in our own. An estimate is always given to the client prior to any work being carried out. We also offer digital photo evidence of any major problem along with the detailed quote, which can be e-mailed for you to make your own assessment.
Blue Sea Villas also offer a Property Inspection Visit service for properties that are not let out or when a property is left empty for long periods of time. Upon your request we will visit the property and ensure that everything is as it should be. This could be a period between lettings or during a winter shut down. The Inspection Visit will include:
- Availability of services i.e. electric, water, gas & check for any leaks
- Evidence of any water leaks or water entering from neighbouring properties
- Evidence of internal dampness and mould
- Toilets are flushed and water is run in sinks, baths etc., to avoid smells and prevent the ball valves sticking
- All external doors and windows are inspected for signs of attempted entry
- Alarm systems, where fitted, are seen to be in operation
- Mail where possible is collected and will either be posted or stored
- Inspect drains for any blockages and un-block if required
- Check property for any infestation both inside and out
- Allow property to have a good airing
- Regular check on all electrical appliances, air conditioning/heating and light bulbs
An inspection report will be sent to the owner by email after every visit. Again this provides you with complete peace of mind.
If you would like to find out more, or would like to discuss any of our services in greater detail, please click here.